Rank Testing Preparation
How to help your student prepare for Rank Testing.
- Bring your student to class at least 2 times per week between now & Rank Testing.
- Watch your student do his/her TKD Rank Form 3 times each day.
- Watch your student do his/her TKD One Steps 5 times each day.
- Watch your student do his/her Contact Skills 5 times each day.
- Ask your student to recite & explain the Tenets of TKD (Honor, Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self-Control, Courage, Community, Strength, Humility, Knowledge).
- Ask your student what the name of his/her TKD Rank Form is & what it stands for.
- Ask your student what TaeKwonDo means (“the art of the hand & foot”).
- Ask your student why his/her belt hangs evenly (for balance).
- Have your student practice taking his/her sparring gear off & on (& make sure a name is on all pieces).
- Make sure your student’s sparring gear mouthpiece is clean.
- Ask your student what his/her instructor’s name & rank are (Grand Master Contreras is a 8th Degree Black Belt).
- Double check your student’s Rank Testing date & time.
- Ask your student who his/her favorite instructor is.